Thursday, February 24, 2011

Girl Scouts- Why I Lead.

I have been my daughter's Girl Scout leader for 4 years now. It has been the most wonderful experience and the best opportunity that I can find to teach things like: growing up (facing the issues of girlhood), being a sister to your fellow Girl Scout, honesty, fairness, courage, and integrity. These are all things that I strive to incorporate in all my meetings and lessons. I want my daughter and the rest of my troop to be citizens that give back to their community. I want to see girls that grow up and become an asset to this country! I am seeing so much more than that. We had a girl that was so shy we couldn't even get her to speak up at a meeting. Now my troop is putting together a Mother-Daughter Tea with the girl who wouldn't speak now being the spokes person for the whole event! I have girls that were scared to take a small hike around the lake to camping in tents and cabins in the woods! We've donated our time, food, and other items to the local community throughout our time as scouts. We've sold cook I am seeing bright, beautiful, unique little girls grow up- it makes me proud.

I can't wait to see what kind of experiences we will have as a troop next!

No comments: