Saturday, March 3, 2012

A few of my scarf/cowl designs, some of these are a year old! lol

I wanted to share some of my scarf designs. I am thinking of coming up with a written pattern for these, if I can remember exactly how I made them. When I sat down to make these, I just sort of went with the flow, but I hope to be able to create a pattern for anyone that might want to create some. I have never designed my own pattern before, so this will be new for me! Stay tuned! 


This is a cable-knit scarf made from my own design. I will see if I can write out a pattern for it and have it available soon! The yarn is very chunky and soft! 



This one is made with a similar idea, smaller yarn and more cables, but I used a similar concept for the design. My sister liked my scarf so much she asked for one in charcoal grey. This is what I came up with. I'm wearing it just to show it off. Although I loved it very much, I reluctantly gave it to her when it was completed. lol

This cowl is connected with these very pretty buttons, made in garter stitch. Very simple, but I really like it! 


This cowl is knit in the round in garter stitch. It's also very simple, but soft and warm. I made this one as a gift to my sister as well. 

Stay tuned for the patterns to be written and posted here on my blog! 

Happy knitting



No comments: